Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: 828 Cabinets

  1. #1
    Inactive Member kwo82's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    1
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    HI Everyone!

    First time post...

    I have been the lucky person, recently to inherit a pair of V.O.T 828 cabinets
    This will be my big basement winter refinishing project, as it looks like these babys have been moved around a bit.

    AFter that is done,.the even bigger challenge of getting authentic drivers for them.will take place ...as im trying to go as original as possible..
    I would like to duplicate the A5X with the big multicell on the top
    Well..first things first,.and what i need to know,.is just how many "theatre" finishes do these models have anways?
    I have seen green,grey, pebbled black,basic black and just recently a nice set of deep blue A5 ,on Ebay
    Take a look ,they are still there.
    they look mint.
    Is it a sprayed on finish?
    or how would one apply any of the above.

    Anways great site folks, and a great vintage product !!
    Ive owned and used some BIG Klipsch..,some even designed by the man himself
    But these Altecs are Massive !!


    thanks everyone
    Rob

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Steve Burger's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 14th, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I came up with a Theatre gray match to the utility cabinets that came very close. In terms of finding vintage components, shoot me an email, I may have some ideas. Steve

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.